Tuesday, July 12, 2011

These Days...

I think my tastes are changing these days.  When we were on vacation I found myself drawn into some antique shops.  The chipping paint of the window frames sitting out front just called to me.  I found myself wandering through the tight aisles of this cute little store that was stuffed to the gills of little knick knacks and unique finds.  This antique store had prices that were a bit too modern for my taste though.  I didn't get anything.  But lately, I've really been wanting to just turn our home into a unique collection of these things.  Now when I say, "antique" don't be confused.  Here's what I have been drawn to...
an aged/worn hutch.  i love it.
I've been looking all summer for the perfect window frame.  The problem is they can be a little pricey, so I have eyes out at sales too.  When you see an old window like this don't you just wonder where that window has been?  Who has looked through it?  I like the mystery of it.  Here's what I want to do with it...
Window by Life Expressions
And these red distressed picture frames?!  Are you kidding me?!  I already know exactly where I would put them.  These I think I could create on my own though.
Courtesy of Etsy
And these have me hooked...  heehee.  How cute would these look in our entryway.  Maybe with a cute sign about it offering friends and family our warm welcome.
Courtesy of Etsy
Ooh, and I almost forgot.  Some day I WILL salvage an old farm door and add some small knobs to it and use it for decoration.  Imagine a smaller version of this.
Courtesy of Etsy
I'll keep searching, and maybe...just maybe our home will be filled with this stuff one day.  I'll be proud of my finds.  Each piece will come with a story and a little bit of mystery.  I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment