Monday, July 18, 2011

Cousins

This was a great weekend.  I knew that my cousin, Andrew, was coming home this weekend from New Orleans and I've been anticipating spending time with him all month!  It was so nice to see him and have him spend time with Tenley.  She's grown so much since he was last home in November!  She was tiny back then!!  I failed to take any pictures of them together, but hopefully someone else got some.

We had a bridal shower this weekend for my cousin's fiancee and it was out at the lake.  I was surprised to see my cousins Ben and Darin home for the event too!  It was great to spend some time with them before the shower.  They are both in Indy and we just don't get around to seeing each other very often anymore.  I love that we all remain close despite the distance.  I want to be more intentional of seeing them more often.  I ALWAYS want Tenley to know exactly who they are.  There's times that we will be in a restaurant and someone will stop and talk to one of my parents and after they walk away I'll ask who that was.  They will say "That's my cousin."  I want Tenley to be close with my cousins- as if they are aunts and uncles to her.  That's my wish.

It was SO hot the day of the bridal shower, so I stripped Tenley down and she got in the water with Darin.  It helped to cool her off and she just loves the water so much.  Here's a couple pictures of them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment