Monday, May 4, 2015

Life around Here

It's Monday.  I could have used an extra day this weekend. But Monday showed up anyway. Life lately, has been a bit crazy, but a good kind of crazy! We are taking full advantage of the warmer temperature and have spent a lot of time outside! We saw a friend who lives on our street at church yesterday and he said "Well hello to the most active family on our street! We always see you guys doing something fun outside!" That made me feel good.  A year ago at this time I wasn't doing too many active things- or I was avoiding them. But today, I'm 30 lbs lighter- and I enjoy my time running around the yard with the girls!
Did you catch that?

 30 lbs down!  Next milestone- 40 lbs.

Here's a look at what we have been up to:
 Tenley had grandparents day at school! She was thrilled to have both sets of grandparents attending. We are grateful for the role they all play in our daughters' lives.

 Mike and I took a much needed weekend getaway to South Haven, Michigan. It's our favorite place to escape. One more morning we ran down to the pier from our condo and sat by the water and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
 GG and Great Grandpa are now home from Florida!!  The girls (and their mom) couldn't have been more thrilled!! Paisley asks on a daily basis when we will go to their house.
 The Maple Syrup Festival was last weekend, and in typical MSF fashion, we had to get out the packed away winter coats, hats and boots to watch the parade. It was a rainy cold morning but we watched from GG's porch and it worked out great. The girls were excited to use their new chairs.

 The girls are getting big. Paisley is developing her own personality and Tenley continues to surprise us with how much she's learning at school. She loves school so much and next year she'll go every morning.

 See that scrunchie that keeps making an appearance on Tenley's wrist? I'm reminded often how much my kids watch what I do. I always have a hair tie on my wrist and Tenley has really picked up on this and always wants to wear one now.

Life around here is busy and sometimes we whine and complain. But it's also sweet. The girls are changing and growing so fast that I'm soaking in all of these little moments!


No comments:

Post a Comment