Friday, May 13, 2011

Lazy Day by the Pool.

The warmer temperatures this week have been a great change of pace!  It finally feels like summer is right around the corner!  Yesterday, our house was sweltering.  But Mike and I refused to turn on the air just yet.  So we opened up all the windows and tried to deal with the sudden rise in heat!  Tenley and I were excited when our friend Molly invited us over to get in the kiddie pool!  (Ok, it's possible that I was more excited to see Tenley in her swimsuit, cover up, flip flops, etc then actually getting in any body of water!) But it was a great chance to cool off and  talk with good friends!


Tenley loved the water!  She did so well.  She didn't even complain when I poured water over her!  She loved every bit of it.  Not to mention, she looked so cute in her bathing suit!

 She likes bath time just fine, but she has never protested that much when I get her out.  But she certainly didn't want to get out of the pool!  I even fed her her bottle in the pool part of the time, because she just was having so much fun!

Here she is with her friend Myleigh!  Myleigh is one month older than Tenley, so it's so much fun to see what Tenley will most likely be doing at that age!   They are very close in size (Myleigh is a skinny minnie though!!) and seem to have fun together.  It's fun to see them interact.  We often have to tell them to "be nice!" though.  Here's my favorite picture of the day:

Check out Myleigh in the background.  Molly gave her her bottle and the only way she would stay in the pool is if she had that bottle!  So she laid out in the sun tanning herself while sipping on her milk!  Priceless.
All of this makes me look forward to the wonderful summer ahead.  I'm sure that we will spend lots of time in the water since I know I have a little water baby on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment