Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Storms

I'm skipping the 20 week pregnancy post today.  Yes, I'm half way.  Yes, it should be a big milestone.  But, nothing has changed since last week - baby is now the size of a banana.  My ultrasound is on Thursday, so I'll have more to share then!

For now, my heart is in a different place.  We had a nice little thunderstorm this morning, which made me stay in bed just a few minutes longer than normal.  I begged with the thunder to keep just a tad quieter as to not wake Tenley.  These were purely selfish motives, as I was not ready to get out from beneath the covers and get ready for work.  When I finally did give in to the alarm clock and after I dropped Tenley off at the sitter, I was driving to work to see a gorgeous sight.  I looked in my rearview mirror to see the dark storm clouds.  My back window was wet with the rain and it was tough to see through.  But as I looked ahead in the direction I was driving, I saw bright blue sky!  I couldn't help but smile thinking about how God has been working in my life and how this was such a great metaphor for my life in general.  So many times I've wanted to drive out of the dark places I was in, straight out of the storm.  When you're in the depths of the storm, you can never quite see the light- but you know it's there.  Today- I saw it.  In the form of a bright blue sky that held so many promises for the future.  Whether that be in the form of Baby #2, or rekindling relationships, success in jobs, or a brighter future with our Savior.  My mind raced back to all of the times that I was STUCK in that storm of dark clouds.  When Nick died, choices I made through college, bad decisions, etc. Where are you Lord?! I remember screaming.  He was right there all along, just on the other side of the clouds- calling out my name for me to run to him.  Run to the light.  I smiled driving into the light and leaving the past, the worry, the storms behind.  Today is a new day.  I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment