Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pinterest

Have you ventured over to Pinterest yet?!  If you haven't- do it!  Sure it sucks up all your spare time and makes you feel like you need to cook more, shop for new clothes, be craftier, etc.  BUT there's so many great ideas.  I have been complaining since we moved into this house about the lack of counter space in the kitchen.  I have wanted an island for so long, but the cost to buy one is ridiculous- even for one of those tiny little butcher block carts!!  So I went to Pinterest to try and find ideas.  I found the idea of turning an old dresser into an island.  It seemed like the hardest part was finding the right dresser, so I started looking!  Low and behold, I found the perfect one on craigslist with a marble top already on it!  So we got it at a great price and I finally finished it!  We now have a fantastic island!!  I love it so much and I'm pretty proud of it, if I do say so myself!  I wanted it to look antiqued and rustic, so I just gave it one coat of paint and made sure you could still see the wood grain underneath.  I added new hardware, some felt pads on the legs so we could move it around and then secured the marble top!  Here's our new addition:

No comments:

Post a Comment