Sunday, October 30, 2011

Safety

Around this area we've had a rash of break-ins and murders and it has everyone talking about our safety.  I've been one of the first to get freaked out.  I do a great job of lying awake at night and wondering if every door and window is locked (they always are) and wondering about escape routes, etc.  I'm great at freaking myself out.  But over the past few weeks I've really felt God pulling at my heart telling me that this world isn't where I belong.  So I started thinking today that I don't think we're necessarily supposed to feel safe here.  This world isn't supposed to be easy.  We're here to do God's work, not our own. Yes, it's scary, yes it doesn't always calm my fears in the middle of the night- BUT I know that God is here and He has a plan.  And I'm in His plan.  I'm here to bring more people to him, and to help, clothe, feed and give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment