Friday, October 7, 2011

"It's only a season"

I feel like I keep repeating this to myself these days.  It's become my mantra.  "It's only a season".  Tenley has started screaming, a shrill happy scream, but when it turns to a whiny I didn't get my way scream, I have to remind myself- it's only a season.

She spits out her veggies and only eats the starches..  It's only a season.

Mike and I just cleaned the house and now because of the busy-ness of all of us - it's messy again.  It's only a season.


We're still renting...when will we own our own house?  It's only a season.

But then, I have a week like this week.  My days off were spent with Tenley who made me laugh so hard, smile so much.  And I'm hit with the knowledge that this too is only a season.  She's going to be grown before we know it and our house won't be so messy with little baby toys or cheerios on the floor and I'll wonder why I wished away these moments, because there's certainly a whole lot of good with the bad.

This is only a season.  And I plan on enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment