Thursday, November 5, 2015

Life Lately

Grandma and Grandpa are back in Florida, so that means I need to get back to blogging to keep my only two faithful readers updated on our Marshall Madness. That saying has never been more true than it has been the last month or so. Madness. Mike had hernia repair surgery about a month ago. The recovery for this surgery is much more than we expected and he's been off work this whole time. That's been a hard thing for him, but we're surviving. Tenley has enjoyed having him walk her to school every day though. He can return to work on Monday and he'll be more than happy to do so I think!

So what have we been up to besides nursing daddy back to health? We've had a lot of fun at home! The weather for November has been BEAUTIFUL. 70s in November!? I'll take it. The girls have enjoyed playing in the leaves, taking walks, playing in the backyard.
Halloween weekend I decided we needed to do something different and fun so I made a movie theater night at home for them! They bought their tickets and snacks with their own money and could choose what they wanted.

They had a great time doing this and I'll be sure to do it again soon. Then for halloween we decided that this year we would skip the costumes and we would just stay home and hand out candy. Tenley had two minor breakdowns about not being able to trick or treat. But we thought that we would just see how it went and reevaluate next year. To our surprise- they loved it! They loved seeing all the costumes and having everyone come to them! I still had little bags of candy for them at the end of the night so they didn't feel like they missed out on that.
They both stood by the door anxiously awaiting the next round of kids to come! Aren't they cute in their rain boots?! Tenley got her 5 year pictures taken and we snuck little sister in there for a few of them to get some updated pictures! They turned out so cute! 





On a personal note- Mike and I have attended a wedding of our very good friend Corey. We're so happy for him and his new wife, and I was glad to have some adult time for an afternoon. Mike was just happy to not have to wear a tie to the wedding. ha!
In other news... I ran 6 miles just last weekend! It felt good to see how far my body could take me! Next week I'm hoping to do 7!


 Lindsey took an updated picture of me last week to show my progress and I very happy to see the results. The picture on the left is from a year ago around this time. Before I started trying to lose weight. The one on the right is from last week. This week hasn't been the most motivating, I've been super stressed, and I tend to be an emotional eater. But I know my triggers and I'm determined to stay on track! Even when I fall, I'm going to get back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment