Friday, May 24, 2013

Sleepover

Tenley had her first sleepover this week.  She was so excited!  Our babysitter, Miss Iva, had been asking if we thought she would spend the night some evening.  I really wasn't sure, and to be honest I kept putting off the question hoping that maybe she wouldn't ask again!  I wasn't quite ready for Tenley to grow up that fast! But like all things do, the question came around again.  Another little girl that Miss Iva watches who is a couple years older than Tenley was spending the night and asked if Tenley could too.  I decided there was no harm in trying.  If I had to go get her in the middle of the night that would be okay.  So I packed her Dora backpack with her favorite pajamas and blanket.  I let her pick out a stuffed animal to take along.  The whole way to Iva's she sang from the backseat "Going to a sleepover!  Going to a sleepover!" I looked at Mike and said "Do you think she really knows what sleepover is?"  He laughed and agreed probably not.  But she was so excited to be spending extra time with Mady.  She ran in to Iva's and started playing right away.  As Mike and I lingered by the door watching her I was a little overcome with how quickly she has grown up.  2 seems way too young for a sleepover, but she still is such a little lady at times.
All ready to go!
She had a great time!  I went to bed around 11 that night after feeding Paisley, and I kept looking at the clock wondering if I would get a call from Iva.  The call never came!  In the morning I went to drop off Paisley on my way to work and when I walked in Tenley immediately said "No, no I'm not ready to go!" So I knew she was having fun!  Iva said that she did so well and she slept in a big bed with Mady and they didn't have any problems!  I could tell that evening though that she was very tired.  She went to bed early and slept late.

No comments:

Post a Comment