Monday, February 25, 2013

Ugh.

The title of this blog pretty much sums up how Mike and I feel today.  We didn't get much sleep this weekend - we were up with a very sick little girl.  Friday when Tenley woke up she barked like a seal when she coughed, her eyes were watery, nose running and she sounded terrible.  Luckily the girls were staying home with Mike that day, because he hadn't worked the day before.  I told Mike just to let her take it easy and relax all day.  I received several texts from him saying that she wasn't getting much better.  When I got home she had a low fever.  That night she woke up crying and moaning.  Mike brought her to bed with him and she had a fever of 102.  The fever broke in the middle of the night thank goodness, but on Saturday morning I knew by the way she sounded I couldn't wait to get her to the dr.  She was wheezing and having trouble breathing.  The doctor said she had a respiratory infection and strep throat :(  I hadn't even thought about strep, but knew it was going around.  So we took it easy all weekend and let her watch lots of tv, eat a Popsicle and kept her away from her sister!  I think she liked all the tv we let her watch!  She went back to the sitter's today- I don't think she's feeling 100% but the medicine has helped.  I know Iva will make her rest a little too.

Since we were stuck at home this weekend, on Friday night after the kids were in bed I met my dad out at the shop to work on some projects I've been wanting to do!  I wanted new curtains in our kitchen.  When I'm at the sink, I can see right into our neighbors kitchen window if they have their blinds open.  So I wanted a little more privacy.  I am in love with the chevron print right now, so I chose the yellow and white print!  I'm happy with how it turned out!  The other project is for above the couch in our sitting room.  It was a big blank wall, so I couldn't wait to get these done.  My dad and I reupholstered the chevron fabric onto plywood with foam.  I hung three up on the wall- the one with the M on it is in the middle and the outside ones are the plain chevron print.  My dad saw just what I wanted and made it happen!!  I am so happy with how they turned out!  My next project is Paisley's nursery!  I haven't done a thing to decorate, so I really want to do something to that room!



Our little sickie.  Doesn't she look so old with her hair all pulled back like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment