Sunday, June 5, 2011

Plans

I was looking at the calendar this morning and going over all of our summer plans.  In theory, summer is supposed to be when life slows down a bit.  Schools out, it stays light out longer, the drama of winter seems to fade away... But in reality, things get a bit busier in the summer.  Probably because of all of the reasons I just listed.  Here's a look at our our summer will be filled.

  • Next weekend our friends Jess and Brian are getting married!  This is a much anticipated event, considering Jess has been saving and planning for this wedding since she was about 3.  :) Tenley will spend some sweet time with Papa and Grandma Marshall while Mike and I enjoy an evening of dinner and dancing.  We are excited to celebrate with friends.  As much as we will love the romantical (I know..I made that word up.) feeling of the wedding, I know that we will be ready to retrieve our bug from her grandparents and spend some evening hours with her before bedtime.  Which I might add has been getting later and later by the summer day.

Oh, before I go any further in our calendar journey- I must add...little Tenley has been kicked out of her nursery!  No not because she's the nursery bully, because she's moving up to level two!  She's now more mobile (still not crawling though) and she can hang with the bigger kids I suppose.  This morning will be our first try at taking her to the Balloon Room.  So long Teddy Bears.

  • Ok, back on track.  Over the weekend of the 4th, we will be scurrying up to Michigan to enjoy some relaxation by Lake Michigan.  We are preparing ourselves for a healthy dose of Marshall Madness as we will meet Mike's parents and his sister's family up at a cabin for the weekend.  The rest of his family is staying for a week, but due to a lack of vacation days we will only be able to stay for the weekend.  So we will soak everything in a three day span!  It's only a 45 minute drive, so it's possible that Tenley and I might pop up there for a day during the week too.
  • We will have more 1st birthday parties for Tenley's sweet friends throughout the summer.  Where did the time go?  Weren't we all just visiting each other in the hospital?  Right at this moment, Tenley is looking at me with a bit of "get over it mom" attitude.  She's probably right.  But still, I'll be wistful when her day comes.
  • In August... My best friend gets married!!  It will be a beautiful day of green and orange.  I just can't wait to have her back in town.  I can't wait to share this special day with the two of them and Jason's BEAUTIFUL daughters.  Seriously, they are gorgeous.  
    Aren't they a pretty couple? :)
  • The very next weekend my cousin gets married!  It's going to be another busy wedding summer!  I love weddings though.  Some day.. Tenley will be the flower girl that I never got to be.  I just know it.  Don't get me started.
  • Then...The summer ends with THE party of the summer.  Good grief.  Miss T turns ONE.  Plans are in the works.  Money has been spent.  Tissues are in place.  She will no longer be a baby.  She's ... a... toddler.  Oh boy.  I have all summer to really let this sink in.  But it's approaching...  For now - prepare yourself for a pink ladybug filled afternoon.
And because I can't post a blog without a picture of the sweet bug herself - Here ya go.
kissy face!

No comments:

Post a Comment