Thursday, March 31, 2011

He Chose Me!

I spent some time tonight thinking about how God chose Mike and I to be the parents of Miss Tenley. When I think about it like this, I'm just in awe. What did I do to deserve such a sweet little girl? I've always wanted to be a mom. I haven't always realized all the stress and anxiety that goes into being a parent (especially at Tenley's age) but it's all worth it. I just have this picture of God deciding that Mike and I were ready to become parents and he created Tenley just for us. He made her a perfect combination of Mike and I, with the originality of herself. He gave her a sweet smile that brightens any room, a mild manner and bright blue eyes that look at you with love and hope. He gave her wild legs that kick, kick, kick. Just like they did in my belly! I can tell she's going to be active when she's mobile! So I'm savoring every moment of this stationary phase! She loves to roll around, but never stays on her tummy long. God gave her two sweet dimples that I just can't kiss enough.


God chose me! I'm trying my best Tenley. I want to be the best mommy I can be. I want to live up to all your expectations and more. I want to make God proud that He chose me. Daddy and I might make a few mistakes along the way, but please know they are all made in love. God chose ME! Here I sit, as you sleep, in awe of this love I feel for you. I'm so thankful I was chosen to be your mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment